You would not venture outside with the soles of your boots flapping. You know that invites frostbite, blisters, and all sorts of pain. Venturing out in our harsh Alberta winter with weak or damaged tires is just as dangerous. If you are stranded in extreme situations, you can sustain permanent damage or lose your life. In addition, worn tires can allow your vehicle to hydroplane because the tread won’t channel the water; your car skims, out-of-control, over the water.
A-1 Is Edmonton’s Premier Tire Service
A-1 Tire & Battery is your premium one-stop shop for tire service in Edmonton.
Among our services are:
A-1 Tire & Battery provides complete tire service for our Edmonton customers. Stop by or call us at (780) 432-0251 whenever you need anything tire related.
- Installation — We stock the most reputable brands with proven track records. Our certified technicians properly install the tires on your vehicle to ensure the safety of you and your family.
- Tire Repair — Even new tires can be punctured or damaged by road hazards. If you have a punctured tire, bring it to A-1 Tire & Battery so we can decide if a repair will maintain the integrity of the tire (only if the break is less than a quarter-inch and the side walls aren’t damaged) or whether you need to replace the tire in order to remain safe on the road.
- Rotation — Because steering and braking create wear on tires, front tires on a front-wheel drive vehicle are used more than those on the rear. To extend the life of your tires, rotate them regularly. Rotation tire service for your Edmonton vehicle can be scheduled according to your vehicle’s owner’s manual, with every other oil change or every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
- Wheel Balancing — A properly balanced tire provides a smoother ride, better gas mileage, and even wear on the tires. With use, tires develop heavier areas, causing a vehicle to vibrate at higher speeds. To balance the tire, measured weights are placed opposite the heavy section.
- Proper Alignment — Ideally, tires run perpendicular to the road and parallel to each other. Occasionally, tires may “toe in” or “toe out” and the vehicle drifts to one side, the tires wear unevenly, and your vehicle uses more gas. Realignment solves these problems.
- Custom Wheels — The appearance of a vehicle and its performance can be improved with custom wheels. Aluminum wheels improve handling and gas mileage, while heavier steel wheels are great for off-road travel and heavy duty work. Both are offered with a variety of finishes: polished, painted, powder-coated or chrome-plated.
- Nitrogen Replacement — Filling tires with nitrogen instead of air means the larger nitrogen molecules stay in tires 3-4 times longer, maintaining proper pressure, increasing gas mileage and reducing tire damage.
** We also offer tire storage! For more information, please call the shop (780) 432-0251 and ask for Mark or Lance.